Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You gotta have friends...Mo Challenge and Guest Designer

FUN WITH MY FRIEND

I have not been on my blog for a bit. Lots of things happening. Big girl work-rough. Mom and nieces visited-went to the Great American Scrapbook Convention THAT was lots of fun. Youngest finished school and is now a SENIOR which is a tad overwhelming. Went up to take a look at the church, reception and possible rehearsal dinner venues for oldest son's wedding, YIKES. So many things on my mind that the blog has taken a bit of a back seat.

Then when I finally make up my mind to get pictures of the cards taken and work on my blog I also determine   it would be fun to change up the look of my blog a bit...WOW big mistake and not at all fun! I have mentioned (several times) I am learning as I go on the blog front. I gave up and finally went to bed, in what can only be called a "snit" to think on it another day. Scarlet has nothing on this Yankee girl. I did manage to find my mistakes and change up my blog. Not sure that will happen very often.
ON the plus side of things the long break has really allowed me to just create and finish bunches of cards. I really wanted to stretch myself and try new things as often as possible. So I have a bunch of great new projects to show off. :)


Close up shot
First for Mo Manning's challenge-and to throw my hat in the ring again as a Guest Designer-an easel card honoring friendship. I love this image and can image the conversation and trouble these two can find on their adventure. Basic easel card, using my grass punch and some flowers I found in the dollar bin to "hold" up the friends.  I used my Prisma pencils (LOVE THEM) with mineral spirits for the coloring. I do like the copics for the skin tones so in fact both my pencils and markers are used here. I like the pencils for images such as this one because I think it gives a nice soft focus tone to the color. A little distressing and ink on the edges of the image. I loved the papers and cut apart one of my bling stickers for the leaf edge. I was really happy with how the card turned out and thrilled that the format was not as hard as perhaps I was thinking it would be-I found the how to on Split Coast Stampers and step-by-step on YouTube. I hope you enjoy my froggy friends.

Thanks for taking a look.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being able to squeeze this in in between your busy schedule. And I love your concept of how these two friends have so much to talk about on their adventures. Thanks so much for joining us over at Mo's. Good luck with the GD spot, take it from me, it's been a blast

    Hugs
    Debbie-June's Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love this image...they look like they're having so much fun! Love your embellishments. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete