Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pretty papers-silly kitty...

More Backyard Photo's
I love this week’s Stamp Something challenge. Nothing better than digging through and playing with all the papers I have-and the number is legion-and using as much as I want on my design. The challenge is pretty papers and I have to say that if I have purchased the paper I already think it is pretty! So now I get to share my idea of pretty with others.

I am all about the kitties. To say that we are a cat family is a vast understatement. We are currently owned by four little friends-Fireball, Fred, Fiona and Finley (do you detect a theme? I am married to an engineer). Mr. Fin can be seen at the bottom of my blog asking to go outside. There are a couple of rules in our acquiring of cats-all must be rescue kitties, all have to be spayed or neutered and snugglers. We have been really lucky in that every pal that has come home has loved us unconditionally and put up with other animals, a lot of hugging and petting and on occasions being utilized as a dress-up or nap buddy. I took one look at this Mo Manning image and thought, “YEP, I know that kid AND that cat”. Several of our past and present four legged family members have been that lovely orange sherbet color. You can just tell that these two are the best of buddies…J

On to the Deets:
I have four different papers here- the easel card is made from some Doodle bug design papers, the orange circles are three dimensional, fuzzy. Next I used some old paper I found which had a paint splatter effect (oranges, yellows, peachy) I cut the flower border from one of the hundreds of matstack packs I have on hand. Finally punched the orange strips out of “plain old” orange cardstock.


Little Miss Sassy and her cat are colored with copic markers. I sponged the background and edged with distressed ink.
The stickers are just great random ones I had left over (again from my cleaning spree) and I was so thrilled that they matched the flower paper. Flower and kitty charm added for fun.
The card absolutely hits the mark with the sentiment-laugh!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment