Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Backyard-the only thing I have managed to Grow!
So Mother Nature reminded us of her powers last night here in Denton. We had 75-90 mph winds, nickel and larger hail, rain and a truly spectacular light show. Cool? Certainly! Cool at 1:45-3:00 am with the sirens going off –not really. Up late, then making it in to work was an adventure of closed roads, downed trees, fences and miscellaneous debris in the road as well as contributing to bad hair day AND late to work.
On the plus side the girls are home from their vacation with big brother in South Carolina. Both are a bit pink (SUNSCREEN) but had a great time. Poor things had a very rough flight home experience-but American Airlines saved the day and they handled the trauma of it all pretty well. On to the challenge…
The Krafftin Kimmie challenge is to make something for the kid(s) in your life. My kids aren’t really kids anymore (unless gifts are involved) but I have a host of nieces and nephews celebrating birthdays over the next few weeks. I like to keep my “kid” cards generic enough in the age department that if the person is 6 or 16 it will work.  I love these fairies and bought them as the set, so many uses for them!
On to the Deets:
Side step card-using Clarabelle, Isabelle and Lilybelle. The gals are colored with prisma pencils and copic markers.
Card is on a Mosaic table I made a few years ago
Card is made with some old black and white card stock I had on hand, for both the black on white card and white on black backing for the images-I love it with the pop of lime green. Frames for the ladies are made with nestabilites and embossed for contrast. The embellishments were part of my clean out the craft room find. I basically based the entire card off of those two mushrooms! Grass with my Fiskars punch, three dimensional flower and sticker sentiment to round it all out. I think any of the kids in my life would like to get this card! J

One more for the road!
Thanks for taking a peek!!
Oh and here’s hoping the postal strike in Canada is over this week, I am dying for my new set from Kimmie-Annie’s Asian Inspired Girls!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment