Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stamp Something-Anything GOES!!!

Miss Emily Kay


I completed my first blog hop with the Stamp Something challenge and blog hop that was taking place this week. I have only been blogging for a few months and entering my cards in these challenges for less than that so it is pretty fun to accomplish something new each time.

The card for the anything goes challenge is to honor my youngest-my baby girl (not so much a baby anymore at 17) Emily.  I finished making this card Sunday and held it up to those sharing my craft space…”Who does this remind you of?” I asked with a smirk…immediately Emily chimed in with, “well it certainly isn’t me.” Alas my poor darling drama queen of a daughter everyone disagreed (including ALL the kitties).





 Emily may be a drama queen but with good reason. (Proud Mom!) She also has a beautiful voice and a love of the theater and the drama of this image completely fits.  We attended her Choir variety show on Friday and Emily sang solo’s from Les Miserable’s, Phantom of the Opera and The Sound of Music. Her solo from Phantom was so wonderful her dad and I along with several other audience members got choked up. Today she received some really great news in choir and reached a goal she had been striving toward since  her sophomore year…so to honor my DRAMA QUEEN…this one’s for you kiddo.


On to the nitty gritty-
Colored-copic marker(s)
Round card with music notes embossed and accent paper is also music notes that carry through with the circle theme
Mo Manning digital image-(everyone should check them out and get some of these wonderful images)
Ribbon and note brads to finish it all off-oh and for fun the picture background here is the program from the variety show.

Thanks for stopping in!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment